St. SOLDIER COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, JALANDHAR
AIM: To ensure better discipline among the pupil teachers, the following code is adopted by the college. The college expects every pupil teacher to follow it strictly. By doing so, you will make your stay comfortable and worthwhile and also help the college organization to run smoothly.
CODE OF CONDUCT TO BE FOLLOWED BY STUDENTS IN THE COLLEGE:
1. Take pride in caring of the college property. Remember that it belongs to the community and you are a part of the college community. Take full care of the class furniture namely cup boards, table and chairs. Habit of writing, carving names on the benches, scratching etc. should be discarded.
2. You are not allowed to enter the staff-room or other classes without the permission of a teacher.
3. If you have any difficulty, do not hesitate to get it solved from your teachers. During your lessons pay perfect attention in the class and concentrate fully when you study on your own.
4. Work independently and be self-reliant, copying assignments from others will never help you to improve on your own. Learn to work out your own problems and from your own judgment. Have the will power to pay strict attention to the work you are doing. Your teachers can only guide and help you. Review the previous lessons before beginning a new lesson. This way you can observe the principle of proceeding from known to unknown, Associate new idea with the old ones.
5. Extracurricular activities: It is an important part of our education. Participation in debates, dramatics makes the college life meaningful as well as educational. On Sundays and holidays keep yourself busy whenever there is no activity, utilize your time in reading.
6. When asked to perform a task, first obey, do not argue. The explanation can be given afterwards. Learn not to complaint about small things. Always be friendly and cooperate with your college mates.
7. In college all boys and girls have equal opportunity and treatment. Do not ask for any special privilege or concern. College rules and code of conduct are applied equally to all. Breaking rules, Smoking, Stealing or copying in the examination are offences punishable with instant removal from the college.
8. You must not rude or disobedient to teachers. You cannot use abusive or offensive language in a conversation. Always speak the truth.
9. You should master the use of your hands in same form of creative activity and you should be prepared to render a helping hand where ever possible, through, social service.
10. A good teacher must remain in tune with the three concepts of truth, beauty and goodness. This will enable you to appreciate natural beauty, to be kind to youngsters and to animals, and to show kindness to those who are comparatively in a humble position in life.
11. You should have a better understanding of the main social, political and economic problems of your country and particularly of those connected to village and peasants.
12. You should be prepared to accept discipline, responsibility and leadership and try to find happiness in good fellowship and friendliness.
13. You should go for a full and free life with enthusiasm and with high purpose.
14. During vacant period go to college library.
15. Park your vehicles at proper place only.
16. Always be punctual for your classes.
17. Be brief in your talk whether on phone or in person.
18. Make it a habit to see college notice-board every day.
Rules of conduct to be followed in the hostel :
1. Cleanliness is next to Godliness. Try to maintain cleanliness throughout.
2. Do not sprinkle ink either on the floor or walls or furniture
3. Keep your bed tidy after using it. Keep your belongings neatly in your cupboards and trunks.
4. The college campus must have greenery and beauty all around. Do not uproot a tree or a useful plant. Be proud the appearance of your college campus.
5. See the lights and fans are turned off when you don't require them. If you damage college furniture or college property, you will be expected to pay for the repair or replacement, which ever necessary. If by mistake, damage is done, report immediately.
6. Report to the hostel warden\matron\master when you need something. It is a great crime to steal or pinch articles like books, clothing, toiletries etc. of other students, such acts are uncivilized. If you find lost articles hand over them • ·, the office or to your hostel warden/matron/ master.
7. No boy or girl is allowed to bring expensive things such as ring or any of jewellery in the college or hostel.
8. Nobody is allowed to keep in the college more than Rs. 500 or 1000/- at any time. Excess amount should be deposited with the hostel warden/matron/master. Hostel warden will maintain an account for each student.
9. No other picture or photographs besides those of your parents and immediate members of your family are to be kept in your possession.
10. The medicine prescribed or the schedule of treatment prescribed to you by family or any other doctor must be brought to the notice of the college doctor.
11 - Boarders are not allowed to go to cinema outside except in organized parties in the company of teacher warden/matron.
12· No student, who is ill, will be allowed to remain in the dormitory. A day scholar who feels unwell should obtain permission for exemption for games from the doctor and in case day scholar from the sports teacher.
13 The dress of a person is often character revealing. A person usually acts as he is dressed. You should wear the proper dress; shorts, parallels, sleeveless, middies and Jeans are not allowed. Girls should wear suit dupatta & in case of boys they should wear only neat pants.
14. You must not meet visitors or relatives without obtaining permission from hostel warden/matron. No money or food parcel should be accepted by you without permission of hostel warden/ matron.
15. If you need any personal or medical help, you must first approach your hostel warden/matron.
16. Never enter the dining hall in improper dress. At the dining table learn to pass the food to other first, eat in decent way and never waste food.
Code of Conduct to be Followed in the Library:
"Books are ships which pass through the vast seas of time". The library is a place for silent reading. Tearing pages or picture from a library book or journal is an unthinkable crime. Use them and preserve them properly you should acquire the habit of intensive and absorbed reading and thinking so that your training here would be fulfilled. Be busy, happy and upright. Absolute silence has to be observed in the library. To keep the books circulation and make them available to all student the withdrawal of books will be governed by the following rules:
D.EI.Ed. , B.P.Ed. , D.P. Ed., B. Ed. : 2 Books at a time These books must be renewed after one week and returned after two weeks by the students respectively. When you borrow the books from the library check them thoroughly, after you have got them issued in your name then it is your responsibility to return them in proper form. Don't underline the pages or mark or tear them. Torn books will not be accepted by the Librarian and you will have to replace them. In case Library card is lost, duplicate card will be issued on payment of Rs. 50/-
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR TEACHERS
- Teachers are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the ideal of the profession.
- Teachers should express their free and frank opinion in the meetings for the betterment and upliftment of the organization.
- Teachers should perform their duties with full honesty and dedication, as given by the principal or head of the department.
- Apart from the regular duties like teaching, tutorials, practical; teachers should work for their professional development by attending seminars/conferences and conduct research work.
- Teachers must maintain a cordial relation with their colleagues.
- Teachers should participate in extension, co-curricular activities and community service.
- Teachers shall communicate with students impartially regardless of their religion, caste or economic characteristics.
- Teachers should motivate students to improve their academic and professional achievements.
- Teacher should refrain from availing leave except on unavoidable grounds, and as far as possible take leave with prior intimation, permission and adjustment of their responsibility.
- Cooperation of teachers is expected towards the college’s green initiative by adopting sustainable practices like switch off the lights/fan when not require, communicate via e-mail, take print when it is very important, use both sides of papers etc.